June 22, 2010 Michael Bickerton
Below you will find from Google “Ten things we know to be true“, the gospel according to Google, a simple list really. I would suggest that all marketers give this philosophy a review prior to setting out next steps for any marketing initiative. It’s thoughtful and thought provoking, and really doesn’t need much explanation, yet simple in its message.
1. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
2. It’s best to do one thing really, really well.
3. Fast is better than slow.
4. Democracy on the web works.
5. You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer.
6. You can make money without doing evil.
7. There’s always more information out there.
8. The need for information crosses all borders.
9. You can be serious without a suit.
10. Great just isn’t good enough.
So, any questions? That is the Gospel according to Google.
Michael Bickerton, Raven5 Ltd, June 2010