June 3, 2013 Jaclyn Bickerton
I recently came across a great infographic created by Hubspot and designed by Killer Visual Strategies illustrating the importance of ecommerce inbound marketing. Outbound is out, and inbound marketing is an essential technique for businesses in today’s digitally connected world. Consumers are connecting, rating, discussing, and consuming product information and reviews like never before. With inbound marketing, online stores can take advantage of the social revolution, by drawing customers to their brands and products, driving organic search and social traffic and sales, lowering cost of customer acquisition, and increasing new customer retention.
Some key facts from the infographic:
– Consumers discuss specific brands casually 90 times per week.
– 90% of people believe brand recommendations from friends, and 70% believe consumer opinions.
– 61% of consumers use search engines to read about products before a purchase.
– 58% of Facebook users expect exclusive offers, events, and promotions when they become fans.
– Consumers are 71% more likely to purchase based on social media referrals.
Jaclyn Bickerton, Social Media, Raven5 Ltd, Oakville & Toronto Ontario, June 2013