April 17, 2014 Patricia Ferreria
As a marketer, you wonder about a couple of things, like whether or not your site is optimized for conversions? Even if you are constantly in the habit of testing and optimizing your site, chances are there is still a ton of room for improvement. Here are five easy steps that will make your life easier as a marketer. So sit back, grab a killer cup of coffee, reading glasses, and listen up my friend. Here are five easy steps to tweak your website:
1. Get real, really real with your photos. Everyone knows human imagery is a great marketing tool to expand your content. Quit using those stock photos. We know that they are easy to access, but they are not helping you maximize the potential of your website and chances are that your audience has already seen this photo on another site. Your audience wants uniqueness, and showing that you’re just like the other thousands of brands that are trying to get their attention, unfortunately, won’t catch their eye. So use genuine images, not generic ones.
2. Tell those people what to do, man. Your call to action is the most important part of your page. Blatantly and clearly put your CTA out there, making it blend in with everything else won’t allow anyone to find it. Also, it is important to give your customers a choice like “buy now “ or “buy later”.
3. Making your landing page easy to navigate and easy to see exactly what you are promoting and why. Rotating banners, distracting photos, and poorly placed videos or animations can all decrease conversions because they will draw attention away from the CTA.
4. Build trust with your customers and even potential customers. Make sure you add testimonials and reviews because they provide insight from other customers. It’s one thing to say that your product and service is great, but when you get someone else to testify for you, it makes your business a lot more reputable.
5. Help customers find what they want. When Visitors come to your site they have something specific in mind. Not everyone will enter through your homepage so your navigation needs to be clear and persistent. This allows for people to find what they want and be on their merry way.
At RAVEN5 we ensure that when people come to our site that they can find exactly what they are looking for. When we create a website for a client, we make sure that their website is clear and consistent so that their customers and prospects can find exactly what they’re looking for. We are always up to speed and are constantly optimizing our website and clients websites to make sure they are flawless.
Patricia Ferreira, Raven5 Ltd, Oakville, Ontario April 2014.