Blogs > Digital Marketing – Five or Twenty-Nine?
March 3, 2013 Michael Bickerton
I came across a great Digital Marketing Solutions Guide from Clickmail Marketing. The free guide “29 factors to consider in 2012” is very informative, and in my opinion, well thought out and presented in nice easy to read fashion. What I find with many of these guides is that the information is pretty in depth and for many business people, it may in fact be too much information. If you have some time, you can optin and download it here.
Digital Marketing Solutions Guide – Top 29 factors to consider
We at Raven5 have reviewed and think that most marketers need to focus on the basics. I’ve cut it down to FIVE (yes that 5 again). So here they are, you download the guide anytime, but here’s my take.
1) Segmentation – Email List, provides you control of the message to those interested.
2) Deliverability – You’ve got to get in the “IN” box, and there is just so much to this issue.
3) Engagement – Goes with Segmentation, get to those interested in your message.
4) Social Media – Email and Social are likes “Peas and carrots“, right Forest?
5) Mobile – Design and implementation need to be programmed using dynamic HTML (DHTML).
Not to worry if you’re not working on some of these issues, that’s our job as your digital agency, in fact, a good email deployment service will work with you.
Keep in mind it’s our view that email is still your number one marketing and information tool. If you’re not using email marketing, you need to be. Conventional marketing programs can be effective, but don’t have the advantages of email, being first and foremost, cost. Secondarily it can be measured. Lastly, you can target both the user and the time of delivery.
All in all, ClickMail has provided an informative guide and certainly lots of valuable information. So, “put the past behind you”, so you can move on.
Michael Bickerton, Raven5 Ltd, Toronto & Oakville, Ontario, March 2013