Filing the rules and creative copy 30 days before contest launch; translating contest rules; paying a duty to the Regie in Quebec (which depends on where the contest is open, but if Canada-wide is 3% of prize value); and a filing on the completion* of the contest with a notice of prize awards, winners, etc. *The post filing is only required if the total prize value exceeds $2,000.
There is also some specific language that needs to be included in contest rules for contests open in Quebec and it can also be prudent to run a contest concept by Quebec counsel before launching a promotion to check any other specific requirements in Quebec.
We have partners who handle legal counsel as well as rules and regulations writing that complies with Quebec contest law (Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) including:
Pre and Post communications with the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux:
- Registration of promotion.
- Submission of forms.
- Coordination of any security bonds required of the sponsor.
- Upon completion of a program, submission of closing forms.
- Upon completion of program, release of any security bonds applied.
- Administration of tax payment to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
* It is always our recommendation that rules & regulations be reviewed by your legal counsel. Should you require review by our legal counsel; a separate quote will be provided.
- National or Regional Promotion (including Quebec): $1,500.00
- National or Regional Promotion (excluding Quebec): $1,250.00