December 2, 2014 Michael Bickerton
Why email marketing? Recently came across a great article that spoke to the value of email marketing and as a contest marketing agency, I’m pleased to share some of the information that was provided by Web Marketing Pros.
It’s important to note that email is alive and well, in fact continues to develop and expand alongside mobile. Keep in mind email today is not the email of the past, and as your primary communication tool you must continue to develop strategies and your expertise or hire an agency to assist you. Email is your primary marketing tool, so best you put email marketing on your to-do list for the coming year. The article provided ten recent stats that I will recap for business owners and marketers alike.
1. It’s estimated there will be 4.3 billion email accounts by 2016
2. Email is checked by 91% of consumers daily
3. Email has driven an online purchase with 66% of consumers
4. Consumers prefer to get email communications 74% of the time
5. Consumers open email from companies 82% of the time
6. Consumers subscribe to lists and 93% get one permission-based email daily
7. B2B Emails have the highest open rate at almost 28%
8. B2B Email CTR is 1.7% as opposed to banner ads at 0.1%
9. B2B leads generated by email are rated as high quality by 40% of marketers
10. Decision makers (at least 64% of them) read their email via smartphone
The point here is that email is and continues to be a primary communication and marketing tool in your digital tool box. Business should hire professionals to build and deploy email. Using an agency will ensure you use best practices, develop your lists, and may assist you with a variety of practices that will build your digital footprint with programs like paid ads, contests, and sweepstakes.
Why email? The question should be what else?
The full article CLICK HERE
Michael Bickerton, Raven5 Ltd, December 2014