July 29, 2021 Michael Bickerton
When gambling for real money online, it’s critical to stay safe whether you’re betting on sports, playing casino games, or engaging in other forms of gambling. Here are some of our suggestions for being safe while gambling online:
- Make sure any gambling site you’re unfamiliar with is legitimate by doing some research on it. Remember that the greatest approach to find a good site is through a trusted source’s recommendation.
- Make sure you completely comprehend the mechanics and rules of the gambling or betting activity you’re engaging in.
- Before creating an account, carefully read and comprehend the site’s terms and conditions.
- Select a username that conceals any personal information. In the same way, if your game allows you to build a personal profile, be sure you don’t provide any sensitive information.
- Use strong passwords and don’t give out your passwords to anyone else.
- Before you gamble, try ‘play for fun’ games, but keep in mind that the payouts are typically far higher than in actual games.
- Make sure the link is safe in two ways before entering credit card information on a website:
- When you attempt to log in or register, a padlock icon should appear in the browser window frame. Check to see if the padlock is on the page itself. This is almost always a sign of a phoney website.
- ‘https://’ should be the first part of the web URL. The letter ‘s’ stands for ‘secure.’
- The above simply indicates that the connection between you and the website owner is secure, not that the site is genuine. This requires a thorough examination of the address for minor misspellings, additional words and characters, and other abnormalities.
- Always log out of any website where you have registered or logged in. Closing your website isn’t enough to protect your privacy.
- Check your credit card and financial records carefully to ensure that the correct amount was deducted, and that no crime occurred as a result of your use of the website.
- Before you go online, make sure you have up-to-date virus protection software and a browser installed.
- Do not respond to unwanted emails from unknown companies.
- Before you go online, make sure you have up-to-date virus protection software and a firewall installed.
- Keep track of your spending on a regular basis.
- If you believe your gambling is out of control, consult an advising website or seek professional assistance.
If you believe your gambling is out of control, you can seek free, confidential information, advice, or counselling support from NCP Gambling. Call 1-800-522-4700 toll-free, or chat online at https://www.gamtalk.org (8am – midnight, seven days a week).
Ever think about hosting an online gambling tournament? Or maybe you’re still not sure how online gambling can hold contests / sweepstakes. Check out Coingaming’s blog on how one lucky winner won $250,000 USD worth in Bitcoin from our 2021 Sportsbet.io Win A Lambo Sweepstakes!
We can do the same for you! At Raven5, we do it all. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more on how you can host an online gambling contest or sweepstakes!
Want to learn more about online gambling? Learn about, internet casino gambling, online gambling in the USA, Canada, or outside North America, downfalls of online gambling, and staying safe when gambling online.
Amy Chung, Oakville, ON, July 2021