September 16, 2014 Patricia Ferreria
There are so many ways to run a contest, but what can you do if you don’t have a lot of time or money? Want to drive Facebook Likes & Engagement? Here are 10 simple, yet effective ways to host a contest on your Facebook timeline:
“We’re almost at 40,000 fans, click like to celebrate! The 40,000th like will get a free…”, then offer an incentive of your choice.
Any contest where a fan gets to post something personal about them is a great contest. For example, you could get your fans to post a picture of them and their best friend on your Fan page and give them and incentive to do so.
Entice your fans to comment on your posts and give away a free shirt. Have them answer a question about your product or brand and whichever answer gets the most likes and comments will win the giveaway.
– Create a post asking your fans about which date your page was founded. This is smart because it gets people go through all your posts and content.
– Ask your fans “on a scale of one to ten, how much do you love [Business name].” Tomorrow at 2pm EST we’ll pick our biggest fan and will feature them in our cover photo.
– “What did you do this past weekend? Share a photo that you took in the comments – the picture with the most ‘likes’ will be our featured cover photo for the rest of the week! Contest ends on Monday at 11am EST.”
– “If you could eat only one thing from our menu for 365 days, what would it be? Share with us for your chance to win a gift card! Winner will be announced at 3pm EST on Tuesday.”
– “If I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be in __________________. Share your favorite vacation destination for a chance to win! Winner will be picked at noon EST tomorrow!”
– “Gearing up for Halloween! Post a picture of your costume in the comments for a chance to win [INCENTIVE]. The winner will be chosen tomorrow at 5pm EST.”
You’ll notice that all these ideas have to do with engaging and interacting with your fan base on social media. That’s because maintaining a personal connection with your fans is important for your business to survive in the marketing world!